Is Your StormwateRx System Ready for the Rain?
Annual Tune-up and Inspections of Your Stormwater Treatment System: Clara, Retenu, Aquip, Purus and Zinc-B-Gone
Is your system ready for the upcoming rainy season? Your StormwateRx system can operate efficiently to help you meet your stormwater discharge goals if you give it a little help now and then. Keeping the media clean and fresh, batteries strong, and system checks up-to-date are great ways to get preparations started. We can help you if your system needs more extensive maintenance with a routine, a seasonal or a full maintenance. Here are a few specific steps you can take yourself to prepare your treatment systems to do the job they are designed to do…
For your Clara:
- Clean out chamber #1 and skim off any surface accumulation in chambers #2 & #3. Chamber #4 should be empty. See the Clara O&M for more detailed information.
For your Aquip, Zinc-B-Gone basic or Zinc-B-Gone pro:
- Routine surface scraping: Replenish media to bring media thickness up to 9 inches of inert media.
- Check the flow meter readings and replace the batteries, if needed.
- Confirm flow rate into your Aquip by checking the flow reading on flow meter during a storm event.
- Have a plan for inclement weather. See the Aquip O&M for more guidance.
For your Purus:
- Clean your Purus disinfection lamps.
- Change out the filter cartridges.
- Train your staff on system operations and maintenance.
- Document system maintenance and performance for your SWPPP.
For your Retenu:
- During storm event, confirm that backwash procedures are going to completion as expected.
- Consider a complete media changeout.
- See the Retenu O&M for more detailed information.
To support your maintenance routine, keep in mind the following questions:
- Are my compliance sample results where I want them to be?
- Is there a trend in my compliance testing that I like?
- Have I done any performance testing?
- Do I need to complete maintenance efforts before collection of my next compliance (or performance) samples?
- Do I need a quote for replacement materials?
- Have I planned for the cost of maintenance activities to carry me through the coming rain year?
We are here for you if would like help determining if your system needs a routine, a seasonal or a full maintenance. We can talk with you over the phone or schedule a site visit. Just let us know what works for you.