In 1990, permitting regulations were developed by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) under the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES). These regulations control stormwater discharges under Sector F covers work with primary metals including steel works, blast furnaces, rolling and finishing mills, and nonferrous foundries.
Whatever the nature of your business, and the activities you engage in to run your business, you are at risk of releasing contaminants such as TSS, organics and heavy metals into the watershed. You need to stay in compliance. We can help you navigate these regulations. We get it and we have solutions.
Facility Types and Sources:
- Equipment and machinery manufacture
- Machine tool manufacture
- Die casting
- Truck, automobile, and aircraft manufacture
- Steel works, blast furnaces, rolling mills
- Steel wiredrawing
- Cold-rolled steel
- Steel pipe and tubes
- Copper smelting and refining
- Lead smelting and refining
- Aluminum and non-ferrous smelting
Facility Types and Sources:
- Metal powders, paste or flakes
- Metal heat treating
- Metal cans, tools, and hardware manufacturing
- Fabricated plate work
- Sheet metal work
- Structural metal work
- Forging and stamping
- Electroplating and surface finishing
- Valve and plumbing fixture manufacturing
- Automotive parts manufacture
- Aerospace and airplane manufacturing
- Miscellaneous metal products manufacturing
General Permit Designations:
- Sector F – Primary Metals
- Sector AA – Fabricated Metal Products
- Sector AB – Transportation Equipment, Industrial & Commercial Machinery
- SIC Groups 33, 34, 35, 37, 39
PRODUCTS APPLICABLE TO THIS SECTOR
Our filtration systems are designed to remove many of the pollutants that your site can generate: TSS, heavy metals, oil and grease. Our treatment trains provide progressively cleaner water to maximize efficiency. The heart of our treatment systems for metal processing facilities is the Aquip® enhanced stormwater filtration system. Aquip® may be paired with our Clara® stormwater plug-flow separator or our Purus® stormwater polishing system for ultimate filtration results.
Once your treatment system is installed, StormwateRx trains your staff to operate and maintain the equipment for the best results at the lowest cost. We follow up with inspection and maintenance service to ensure your treatment system operates at maximum efficiency and keeps you in compliance with changing regulatory requirements.
Our stormwater treatment systems work, and we have the track record to prove it. Many of our metal products industry clients are repeat customers and referral sources. Our customers believe in us because our passion for clean water drives us to build the finest industrial stormwater filtration systems available. We know our products will serve the needs of your business, efficiently and cost-effectively.
For more information about StormwateRx products and case studies visit www.stormwaterx.com or call StormwateRx at 800.680.3543.
Metal, Metal Products & Machinery Sectors